Support our team
A career at SOLIDpower represents a unique opportunity and a rewarding challenge. SOLIDpower is on a course of continued growth – especially in Italy, Germany and Europe. In doing so, we intend to set the benchmarks with our innovative technologies and products and to further expand our market position. We are looking for talented, experienced and highly motivated staff to support us in achieving our goals.
Our vacant positions:
SOLIDpower is one of the innovative and fast-growing companies in Germany directly at the customer with environmentally friendly and economical solutions for the energy transition. With over 230 employees worldwide, we are already one of the leading companies in the field of fuel cell technology today. The energy world is changing rapidly and SOLIDpower has set itself the goal of shaping this new world.
At locations in Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Australia, the Group develops, manufactures and sells fuel cell systems for power and heat generation in residential and commercial buildings. We have already achieved a lot and are motivated to develop SOLIDpower further.
To further strengthen our successful team of SOLIDpower GmbH in Heinsberg, Germany we are looking for a
Supply Chain Manager (m/f/d), Germany
This varied and interesting range of tasks awaits you here:
Role and responsibilities:
This is a senior position and key to the successful execution of the manufacturing and cost objectives.
You will be responsible for an overall operational procurement of components and sub-assemblies for the production of BlueGEN appliance.
In parallel, you will lead the outsourcing program for components and sub-assemblies to the selected strategic manufacturing partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage MRP to ensure the supply of parts according to the Master Production Schedule (optimal balance between on-time availability of parts versus inventory)
- Manage purchasing process and lead purchasing team
- Drive the approved projects to outsource production activities
- Manage outsourcing program for components and sub-assemblies
- Manage supplier relationships, in close cooperation with Supply Chain BlueGEN System Manager - Strategic Sourcing
- Work with senior SOLIDpower management to identify and realize (with suppliers) cost reduction opportunities
- Discuss and negotiate with suppliers detailed component cost plans to ensure SOLIDpower will meet or exceed its cost objectives
- Ensure fully accurate Bill of Materials (BoM) including all MRP related data (such as lead times, costs and logistics data)
- Manage purchasing process for all non-stock related parts for Heinsberg facility
- Ensure supply quality and delivery schedules
- Effectively managing supply chain risks including escalation to senior management
- Resolving supplier issues at all levels including non-conformances
- Implement e-Kanban, JIT deliveries, consignment stocks at suppliers
- Organize regular Supplier Quality Audits, and work with suppliers on improvements to enhance the score. This includes the compliance regarding ISO 9000 and CE
- Liaise with financial controller to ensure all supplier related financial issues are resolved
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally tertiary qualification in an Engineering or related technical discipline
- Successful experience in functional leadership of teams or organisations
- Completion of a Logistics, Purchasing or Materials Management qualification
- At least 10-15 years relevant experience in a high tech manufacturing environment (Supply Chain Management, Product Outsourcing, Engineering / Operations Management, Product Development)
- Preferred experience with commercialization of cutting edge technology
- Sound experience in evaluating, selecting and negotiating with local and overseas suppliers
- Sound commercial experience including track record of travel to visit suppliers
- Advanced computer skills, with proven literacy in ERP (proficiency in MS NAV would be highly regarded)
- Able to negotiate effectively with a broad range of people on various management levels, including internal and external suppliers and industry contacts
- Sound multi-lingual oral and written language skills:
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and German
- Other European languages will be highly regarded
- Flexible in availability to contact SOLIDpower staff in different time zones, for example between Europe and Australia
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Ability to be adaptable to changing work priorities
- Is motivated, energetic and models SOLIDpower values
Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company. At SOLIDpower, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment which encourages you to share your innovative ideas, supports your development and celebrates achieving successes with your team. You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future.
Take your chance and send your complete application documents in English to:
Attn.: Petra Ferreira
Or via e-mail: bewerbungen(at)solidpower.com
If there’s currently no matching position for you we’ll be happy to receive your unsolicited application. Send your application by email (as a PDF file including your CV, photo and the expected salary) to:
Or by post to:
attn. Ms Ferreira
52525 Heinberg, Germany